How do I apply for Disability Benefits?
We will assist clients in filing for social security disability. When they contact us, we send a package to assist in gathering information and scheduling an appointment to complete the application.
You may apply online at www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability , if you meet the following criteria;
1. Who can apply for adult disability benefits online?
You can use the online application to apply for disability benefits if you:
- Are age 18 or older;
- Are not currently receiving benefits on your own Social Security record;
- Are unable to work because of a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death; and
- Have not been denied disability benefits in the last 60 days. If your application was recently denied.
2. You can now also file for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) online but only if you meet certain requirements.
You are eligible to file online for SSI if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65;
- Have never been married for 10 years or more;
- Aren’t blind;
- Are a U.S. citizen residing in one of the fifty states, District of Columbia, or the Northern Mariana Islands;
- Haven’t applied for or received SSI benefits in the past; and
- Are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance at the same time as your SSI claim. Find out if you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability Benefits.
Once you finish the online process, a Social Security representative will contact you by telephone or by mail for any additional information needed for the applications.
3. Schedule Appointment with Local Office
You can also schedule an appointment with a local Social Security office to file an application. Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday or contact your local Social Security office.